Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

'Last Modified By' Column

1 reply [Last post]
Nicole Corbett
User offline. Last seen 10 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello, 

I am working in a P6 v8.1 schedule with multiple users.  I noticed some Actual dates that looked a little suspicious to me in my portion of the schedule, so I put up the 'Last Modified By' column to see who the last person was to modify it. I asked that person to please stay out of my portion of the schedule and was met with confusion.  So I looked to see what activities I had last modified and was surprised to see activities showing my name that I am 100% sure I have never touched.  Nobody else has my password, and the activities were not added by me.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.  Is the 'Last Modified By' column totally worthless then?  Is there something that could be causing this error and is there any way to fix it?  

Thanks,

Nicole

Replies

Neils Gao
User offline. Last seen 8 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

When you calculate the schedule the last modified by column will be your username.......

actully, don't think this column is a good indicator.....