Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

"Added By" and "Modified By" Columns in P6

2 replies [Last post]
Cristi Thorne
User offline. Last seen 8 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Currently, we have 8 people working in a live schedule.

There are columns with "Added By", "Modified By", and "Modified Date".

Since I did the intial upgrade into P6, my name is stamped on all of our 16,000 activities as the creator. When someone copies one of my activities, it is a ’new activity’, but yet my name remains.

I am curious as to how this feature works. We have noticed that there is not an added by or modified date outside of the current week’s data date. And, copying an activity keeps everything the same (as for person modifiying) but does show a different date.

Please, if you have any information on this feature, such as what is included in the "MODIFIED BY" (ie. logic changes, resource changes, etc.). In other words, what changes to an activity will allow the modified by function to exist? If someone hits F9, do they then modifiy the activities?

Thanks!

Replies

Ferdinand Fincale...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Patricia,

I am as well still in P5. Try to check your P5 program, there is that feature of "Added by" and "Added date" columns in P5. Both are with the “Modified” items that can be found in the Columns tab ->General items selection. It does function as you said.

Dear Cristi,

I did some exercise in my stand alone P5 program to test if by using a different user access the program will respond to change the “Added by” and “Added date” data as per the current user name (I hope that P6 has to be the same in that feature). The result is that the program does adopt the current user name and date in those columns. Therefore, the program thus records the creator’s user access data for additional activities in the program. My analysis on your case is that it could be another bug in the P6 program or there could be some sort of settings in your network privileges. I’ll further make some exercise on this case to enhance my primavera knowledge and I’ll share it with you and the others.

In Friendship,
Ferdinand
Patricia Le Clainche
User offline. Last seen 9 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Cristi,

I am still in P5, but I already have Modifed By & Modified Date fields.

I have noticed that a schedule done on a project by another user, that changes at least one date, modifies these 2 fields. But in the case there is no changes after the schedule (F9), for instance if planning is on time, there is no reason for F9 to modify any dates on not started activities. So in that case, there is no changes in these 2 fields either.

When you copy an activity (with all the options) from one project to another one, there is no reason (i believe) to get the 2 fields modify.

I think finally that a resource assignment change, actuals units update.. also modify these 2 fields.

I often use them also to check who made the last updates when there is something I do not understand.

Regarding the column "Added By", I am quite sure I do not have it in P5. So, I cannot help you on it.

Kindest regards.
Patricia