Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

About P6 import P3 file at WIN7 64bit problem

1 reply [Last post]
LIN IAN
User offline. Last seen 11 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

If I had installed the P6  software in my computer , and because my computer’s OS is the WIN 7 64bit, and I install the P3 software in the same computer , but it is in the virtual XP mode.

So I want the P3 files can import to P6 .

How can I dot? Because when I open the P6 software and want to import P3 files , it can’t . the import from P3 item is gray color that I can’t choice.

If I uninstall the P6 , then reinstall P6 in my computer is OK?

Another I had find some discuss about it that if I first install P6 , I can do below step:

1 Open a command prompt.

2 Change your directory to the location of the “ra32.dll” file. By default,

the path is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Primavera Common\Ra.

3 Execute the following command: regsvr32 ra32.dll

But I had try it , it the same result and can’t do it .

I find my P6 install filename is c:\oracle\primavera p6\ .

The path not C:\Program Files\Common Files\Primavera Common\Ra.

So I don’t understand what part I do wrong.

Replies

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Lin,

P6  cannot  ‘see’ P3 in the virtual environment and thus does not know that it is there.  In situations such as this, Primavera recommends that you run their P3 export conversion program to change your PRX to a XER file.  Then you can import the XER file.  There is a second program for converting the other direction.

One program is called XERP330Convert.exe and the other program is called P330XERConver.exe.  They are zipped together in a folder called P3Converter.zip.  You can download the conversion programs from Oracle Support.  Good luck!