Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

14 steps to create cash flow from primavera

3 replies [Last post]
hany esmael
User offline. Last seen 5 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

Cash flow could be created by primavera 6 version 7 using the reports section, However i found primavera 6 v7 reports are not very clear that every one can do it simply,  Therefore  see step by step how to create planned values and earned values using primavera p6 v7 reports.

14 steps to create cash flow from primavera with sample file

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

create a schedule 

add a resource from the resource directory (left hand side) you can call it lump sum in the details tab of the resource make sure that calcualte cost from units is NOT checked. 

assign a resource to each activity 

assign a cost to each activity via the resource

select view show on bottom select resouce usage profile

rigth hand side click resource usage profile options

on the data tab select costs

on the graph tab make sure that calculate average is not checked.

select print preview 

click pagse setup

click the options tab and check the profile box and uncheck all of the other boxes.

there you have it

you can also assign a curve to the resource to distribute the cost the default uses a linear distribution.

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Hany

I tried to access, but they wanted to become a member before; so I don't know how you did it.

In the past I did the cash flow with P5 and P6. But due to the poor print quality of Primavera graphics I used Excel to print the graphics.

Hi Madan

you are wrong, it is possible, but there are other ways as well.

Regards to both of you

Dieter

madan moharana
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
 It is simple false cash flow. Actually Primavera can't do cashflow in real time. 
Ex- I need to pay 20% on opening of my LC then after deliver rest 60% after receiving goods & testing, 6 months latter rest to be released. There is N. number of example where P6 will be failed to deliver. so don't follow this tutorial.