Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Is baselining the only way to create multiple versions?

2 replies [Last post]
Rizwan Siddiqi
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello Planners,

Question for you guys. I am used to MS Project where I could Save As to multiple versions of the plan as I was playing with the dates in the plan.

1) With PV, I know I can baseline to take a snapshot of the plan. Is there another way to take a snapshot and restore incase my "Schedule" ends up changing dates I didnt intend to change? 

2) Need to research this but, is there a clean way of restoring Baseline plan (including additional task, resources etc) as the current plan?

Thanks,

Riz

Replies

Håkon Haukebøe
User offline. Last seen 4 years 48 weeks ago. Offline

Dont know if its the best way, but I copy/paste the project in the EPS.

Haakon

Rizwan Siddiqi
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline

Note, I should say "The Best Way to version", not "Only". I am hoping to learn the best way and not just other options that one would not really use.

Thanks.

Riz