Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Costs, Costs Costs!!

1 reply [Last post]
Brian Fletcher
User offline. Last seen 1 year 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello I am having a nightmare with costs on Primavera

I have entered some resources against activities

Activity 1  = 10 days - Resource = Labour cost = £1000

Activity 2 = 10 days - Resource = Plant cost = £1000

Both activities are scheduled to happen in the future, I have now worked out that the tasks will actually take 15 days now but the cost will remain the same.  So when I change the duration the budgeted cost just drops out completely?  What do I need to do to make sure the cost stays where it is and doesnt change unless I manually change it or there is a proper method behind the change in figure ie I could understand if the figure went to £1500 for example but to just be erased is madness?

I assume there is a tick box somewhere that I can adjust to make sure this stops happening?

Please help me!!

Replies

Johannes Vandenberg
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Brian

Yes, you may have missed one setting. If you want that the dates and durations are fixed, go to the activity tab and select"general". Here is the option for the "fixed dates and duration". Mark this box and the units shall remain the the same even if you change the duration.

One more issue, labor costs should be the result of the number of assigned manhours multiplied bij the labor rate.So, in Enterprise create a file on all the required recourses and their labor rate. Then, after having included the activities in the schedule, you can assign the labor manhour quantities. The labor units will show but as the labor cost.

If you do not wish to assign labor resources , you may use the "Expenses"tab on the general activity tab. 

Regards Johannes