Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How do you update the schedule in P6?

No replies
John Drokovic
User offline. Last seen 5 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

So I am ready to make my first update of the schedule in P6. My current data date is January 15th and I need to shift it to January 31st. I have collected actual and new forecast dates for the activities within that period and I would just like to know how you guys do your updates in P6. Do you shift the data date first and then you enter the actual and forecast dates OR do you enter the actual and forecast dates first, and then you shift the data date? What option(s) do you use for this or what series of steps you follow to do a proper update and shifting of the data date in P6? Thanks in advance for all the replies.