Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Using Steps Feature

5 replies [Last post]
kath murray
User offline. Last seen 12 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi! This is my first post so please be gentle with me ;) I have only been working on Primavera for 2 months so my knowledge is limited but I think I have a good basic understanding of it after reading Project Planning and Control by Paul E Harris.

So we want to use the steps feature to give the Engineers more information on any active projects. When the information is added to the Project in Primavera it is saved and readable but when the Engineers look under the Activity ID in Progress Reporter there is no information it is completely blank.

Does anyone have any experience with this or can give me a couple of ideas which we could try, we have been scratching our heads for a while now.

Thanks in advance

Replies

kath murray

Ok thanks for your help anyway.

Roger Booth
User offline. Last seen 4 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Kath

We don't use progress reporter so I don't know sorry

If someone needs a report to help them updating, I either print it off or make a pdf for them and send it via e mail

Regards

kath murray

Thanks very much!  I can see that now in the report. Is there a way without printing off the report for them to see it when they are adding time to their timesheet in Progress Reporting?

kath murray

Thanks very much!  I can see that now in the report. Is there a way without printing off the report for them to see it when they are adding time to their timesheet in Progress Reporting?

Roger Booth
User offline. Last seen 4 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Kath and welcome to PLanning Planet.

If you are using the steps function in a programme, you never see the steps in a normal view i.e. Gantt chart type.

However if you run one of the standard Primavera reports AD-04, it will list the activities and the steps in your schedule.

Hope that helps

Regards