Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P6 EPPM R8

8 replies [Last post]
Roger Booth
User offline. Last seen 4 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have just had R8 installed in place on V7 SP1 and am now wondering where you get to the old Admin Preferences.

It looks like there must be another module called Contract Management through which all of the admin functions take place, but how do you find it.

Need to start looking throught he user manuals again I think

Looking forward to any responses

Best Regards

Replies

VIJAYA BHASKAR SU...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Could you please provide step by step procedure to install Primavera P6 Release 8.

I could not follow the guideline provided in the Admin Guide. Also, many features like OBS, EPS, WBS Est. Weight etc. were removed from the latest version. How to handle all these features?

Roger Booth

Hi David

We got IT people to install v8 as well. It seemed to cause a fair bit of communication between them and Oracle support.

One of the issues that we are checking up on now with Oracle is whether weblogic is compatible with sbs server.

Heres hoping

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline

Installation of Weblogic is very IT professional/ DBA friendly.  I would not expect someone who is only excellent at Primavera to undertake this.  I have installed P3e/P4/P5/P6  all by myself for years.  I got my IT staff to install release 8 for me.

Weblogic is availble under an RUL licence from Oracle, which kinda means its free to use IF you only use it for one application.

If you are about to use this release for "Real" work rather than evaluation - you MUST understand the licencing issues here.  I very strongly recomend contactimng your Primavera dealer to through all of it with you.

Roger Booth

Thanks Ron and David for your replies

The work round that we are using at the moment is a laptop with v7 standalone on it. Exporting the projects we need to alter on to that. Making the changes on a machine where I have admin preferences and then exporting or reimporting it back onto the server. Round about way but it is working. Looks like we need to add weblogic then doesn't it? I think we should have stuck with v7

Regards

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline
Roger, Everything under the old Admin pull down, as well as control of the EPS, OBS, Funding sources, cost accounts and Project codes requires that you install the WEB TOOLS. While you might get away with Jboss, the documentation only covers using Weblogic.
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

Oracle/Primavera P6 Version 8 documentation states: “For P6 R8, all application administration is accessible through the web browser interface.”  They later state that this feature has been removed from the client/server version of the software.  The question now becomes, what type of P6 are you running; web-based or client?  If it is client, then you can stop looking for your Administrative Preferences and go ask someone who is running web-based P6 to change it for you.  (Kind of sucks, doesn’t it?)

Roger Booth

Thanks Amit. From the huge response so far I might need to take you up on the help. Downloading the manuals at the moment.

Regards

Amit Parmar (PMP)
User offline. Last seen 11 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

Hey,

I would have R8 in a couple of days. If you don't get a response till then, i would be gald to help you out.

Thanks & regards

Amit