Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Copying the content of one activity code to another (in same project)

No replies
Johnny Pain
User offline. Last seen 2 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

hi all,

I've got a problem with activity codes.

I have several projects (same architechture) under one common EPS, which contains EPS activity codes.

I export to .XER all my projects, and assuming that I recreate the same activity codes dictionnary under any EPS node on another computer (other company), I can import every project WITH EPS activity codes values.

except for one, and I don't know why.

so after several days trying my best (file parser, xls, etc), I've decided to create some project activity codes, just to give the project to the other company. the solution I've been thniking of was copying the EPS activity codes content into the project activity codes (a simple duplication), but it seems I can't either, since I'm not offered the opportunity, in global changes, to update an activity code with another. all I can do is enter a value from the dictionnary (and I don't want that, it would mean for me to re-assign every code to every activity).

I also tried to create UDF : it only works one-way. meaning I can update my UDF with my EPS activity code content, but I can't go back and re-update my EPS activity code content with my "new" UDF content.

this is now beggining to be soooo urgent, and I don't know what to do.

does somebody have an idea ?

thanks,

djo