Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Original Duration vs Remaining Duration

1 reply [Last post]
Kari Lucas
User offline. Last seen 3 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I wonder if anybody has had this problem. When I update the Original Duration for an activity, my Remaining duration maintains the first OD value assigned. The activities in question are not progressed, in fact it is a baseline schedule. I never remember P3 doing this and have only just noticed that P6 is doing this. I’m wondering if there a user preference or Admin setting changed for some reason. Please let me know if you have had this sort of problem. Thanks!

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 44 min ago. Offline
Kari,
It is a setting in P6. Project Window-> Calculation tab-> Activities. Tick Link Budget and At Completion for not started Activities and select Reset Remaining Duration and Units to Original if you wanted to synchronize OD and RD. Select Reset Original Duration and Unit to Remaining if you want to maintain remaining duration when progress actual has been remove to activity.