Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Budget Total Cost

9 replies [Last post]
moutaz aldeib
User offline. Last seen 2 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Planners,

The contractor sent to me electronic copy of his time schedule and I checked the budget total cost for the project which is not compatible with the budget total cost of the project in the contractor’s copy.

Regards,

Moutaz

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 days 2 hours ago. Offline

import xer modify during import select import new resource

Jeanpierre NJEIM
User offline. Last seen 5 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

capture.jpg
Hi 

Concerning Budgeted Cost i have this problem  the price/Unit is 20$ per Hour and the budgeted units/time is 8 /day
and since the original duration is 4 that means we have 8hrs per day x4 days = 32 hrs 
32 hrs x 20$ per hr = 640$ why its 5120$ its always show the real total x 8  (640$ x 8 = 5120$ )

If anyone can help me please 
Thank you 

Ali Farhat
User offline. Last seen 13 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Mouataz
maybe the contractor needs to run "Recalculate assignment cost" because he might have changed some costs without changing the units.
try to import the schedule first with "add new" option for resources to check that his schedule is correct
In all cases, try to locate the difference by checking the activities per division(chapter) of work..
moutaz aldeib
Yes Rodel,

The currency is the same "local currency"

Regards,

Moutaz
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 31 min ago. Offline
Moustaz,
Another contributing factor that maybe the cause of different cost value is the currency conversion factor. Is both are using USD $ or different currency? It may be worth of checking.
moutaz aldeib
Thanks Rodel for the great explanation, it was useful information, I followed up your comments and unfortunately the problem is still existing. I talked to the contractor to check whether he gave me the right copy or not as you stated.

Thanks a lot
Rodel Marasigan
Moutaz,
When importing XER, if resource is existing in your system by default P6 will keep the existing value of the resources. When you run import wizard and reach to “Update Project Options” click Modify then under resource change the “Action” from “Keep Existing” to “Update Existing”. This process will update the existing resources rates and values. After importing select Tools-> Recalculate Assignment Cost. It will refresh resource assignment based on the new rate and that should update Budgeted Total Cost value from your electronic copy.

If the problem still existing then the contractor might give you the wrong copy.
moutaz aldeib
Dear Rodel,

Thanks for your response, but I confirmed that the layout filter is not applied and I am not sure whether the the rates can be different even though he sent to me the electronic copy and I imported to my system.

Regards,

Moutaz
Rodel Marasigan
Moutaz,
Two possible reasons why Budgeted Total Cost is not the same.
1) Contractors print out copy might have a layout filter applied.
2) Resources already exist on your system and rates are not updated (contractors system have resource with different rate to your system)