Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6.1 WBS ID and WBS name report

7 replies [Last post]
Roozbeh Taheri
User offline. Last seen 7 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
How to have WBS ID and WBS name in a level different from last level in excel (either by report or export functionalities of primavera)? My schedule has 5 levels of WBS, and I want to have list of WBS IDs and names in level 4; however primavera only shows the last level of WBS in relevant WBS columns (WBS ID and WBS name).

Replies

PINAN T.
User offline. Last seen 5 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
also,

using report wizard pick WBS (column: wbs code and wbs name GRoup/Sort: WBS to level 4),run then save as csv
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 20 hours ago. Offline
Roozbeh,
Yes you can use left(cell,search(" ")) formula or you can just copy same data to another column and use ctrl+h (replace commmand)
For WBS code column
find what = " "* (2 spaces + *)
Replace with = (nothing or just blank)
For WBS Name
find what = *" " (* + 2 spaces)
Replace with = (nothing or just blank)

Roozbeh Taheri
Rodel,

You are right. When pasted in excel, there two blank characters between WBS Code and WBS name.

So I used search, left, right, and len formula of excel to separate WBS code and WBS name into two different columns.

Is this the way you would do it?
Rodel Marasigan
Roozbeh,
No it’s not. Use Left Function in excel. It will takes only seconds to do that. Send me a PM with email address and I will do it for you.
Roozbeh Taheri
Hi Rodel,

The way you explained in your post, copies WBS Code and WBS name both in the same excel column, and it takes me more time to separate them into two columns in excel.
Rodel Marasigan
Roozbeh,
If you need WBS Code and WBS Name organize (group & Sort) activity by WBS to level=4, If you need all levels tick Indent if not remove tick then tick Show summaries Only.
After Group & Sort highlight all data or press Ctrl+a and select Edit-> Copy or press Ctrl+c.
Open an Excel spreadsheet and select Edit-> Paste or Ctrl+v.
All data you need are transfer to Excel.
Roozbeh Taheri
Correction: In fact the correct term is WBS Code rather than WBS ID in my previous post.