Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

FF with lag Relationship Issues

2 replies [Last post]
Sophia M
User offline. Last seen 14 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

I am currently working on a baseline for a design schedule where the design process is broken into three stages: In Progress/100%/and RFC.

I am scheduling the 100% design stage (38day duration) to have a FS relationship with the In-Progress Design process and a FF+15 relationship with the In-progress Review (21 days). The date that is showing is more than 15 days beyond the finish date of the review process. Should the finish date that is shown be driven by the FF+lag relationship or the duration?

Replies

Ali Farhat
User offline. Last seen 13 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Mike and Sophia,

I usually avoid this problem (lags scheduling) by setting the default project calendar to (7 days) and changing the scheduling option for calculating lags to "schedule lags according to project’s default calendar"...
OR i use the option "24 hour calendar" but I ALWAYS make sure that my lags are multiplied by 3 (for shifts)...

Regards
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Sophia

This is the problem with SS Links plus lead lags - they should be avoided.

If you know why you need a 15 day lead lag then put in a relevant task and revert to FS links.

Lead lags take on the calendar of the upstream task so if you were thinking 15 calendar days the link will be 15 work days long.

Best regards

Mike Testro.