Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Export / Import routine P6

2 replies [Last post]
pat chadwick
User offline. Last seen 14 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
My question:

Is there a limit to the amount of data that can be imported successfully to P6?
I am trying to import about 2000 records from an excel file into P6. It is taking about 2hours to run and fails, can anyone help me please?

Replies

pat chadwick
User offline. Last seen 14 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Brad,

I’m trying to set up a weekly progress update routine for the activities.
These are the fields I am mapping to:

task_code status_code wbs_id task_name target_drtn_hr_cnt act_start_date act_end_date target_work_qty complete_pct act_work_qty user_number2 start_date end_date resource_list delete_record_flag

Activity ID Activity Status WBS Code Activity Name Original Duration(d) Actual Start Actual Finish (*)Budgeted Labor Units(d) Activity % Complete(%) (*)Actual Labor Units(d) Exp Mnhrs (*)Start (*)Finish (*)Resources Delete This Row

Brad Lord
User offline. Last seen 9 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
hi pat

there is no limit, what is it you are trying to import?

ie

activities,resources etc