Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Currency

12 replies [Last post]
Sajid Syed
User offline. Last seen 12 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
I was going through the currencies included in P-6.

It was strange to know that even though that very unimportant / minor currencies like Mexican Peso, Israel Shekel, Argentine Peso and Swiss Franc are available in the currencies list,

some of the major currencies from middle east (where Primavera earns its major revenue) are not in the List. These include Saudi Rial, UAE Durham and Kuwait Dinar.

Any idea regarding their criteria for selecting currencies for their software?????

Replies

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Alexandre for the support.

Sajid Syed
Thanks
Sajid Syed
Same Here
Muhammad Mehmood
User offline. Last seen 12 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Arnold,

I tried the way you are telling, but it won’t work. Neither ID nor symbolt etc, i don’t know why.

Regards,
MUHAMMAD
Arnold Puy
Hi Sajid,

Go to Admin --> Currencies --> then follow my post #3.

Regards,

Arnold
Sajid Syed
Sorry i couldn’t pick from you post so please make it a bit simpler by writing down stepwise of through a screen shot
Arnold Puy
Hi Sajid,

The one I explained provides you more details. What else do you need? Please elaborate.

Regards,

Arnold
Sajid Syed
How. Please provide some more details
David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 41 weeks ago. Offline
Sajid,

BE VERY CAREFULL - only an American would think that P6 is a multi-currency system. By any definition that we understand in EMEA it is NOT. You can change the symbol used, you can apply a universal factor to all amounts of money BUT with no reference to dates - so all transactions whether in the future or past are changed.
Arnold Puy
Hi Sajid,

The default currency is USD. You cannot change and delete the base currency; however, you can change its ID, name, and symbol to that of a different currency to use as your base.

For example, to change the base currency to Saudi Riyal, select the base currency, type the Currency ID for SAR, enter Saudi Riyal as the Currency Name, and specify the Currency Symbol used to identify Saudi Riyal.

Regards,

Arnold

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Hi Sajid

P6 is American so what would you expect - anywhere outside America - north & south - or the banking system - just doesn’t exist.

In PowerProject you can select any currency as a default.

Best regards

Mike Testro