Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Thicker Bars on Gantt Chart

7 replies [Last post]
Lawrence Cuozzo
User offline. Last seen 11 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi -

Can I increase the thickness of the bars that show on the Gantt chart (like in P3) or am I stuck with only one thickness? I’ve looked, but I can’t find a place to do this.

Thanks,

Lawrence

Replies

Tamara Sutton
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Alexandre wrote:
"I am afraid you cannot get other bar shapes and thicknesses than available in the Format, Bars dialog box; it would not be different with P3 or MS Project"

Of course you can change the bar height in P3. Format, Bars, Modify (Selected Bar), (Bar) Size.

You are correct that Oracle Project Management only offers the bar shapes in the pull down menu. The bar heights cannot be modified beyond those limited choices. Although, I’m vaguely remembering something about modifying the .ini file, but that may be related to another issue.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Lawrence

If you’ll choose the biggest shape this should be ok. But as you mentioned a plotter I remember to have had the same problem. Two solutions:

- Wrong plotter-driver, install a new one
- Lack of plotter’s memory: Start --> Printers --> select the plotter --> right click --> properties --> advanced options (this is different for different plotters) --> "Process document" mark "in computer".

Hope this helps

Regards
Dieter
Lawrence Cuozzo
Anoon -

I know about that and what I am saying is that by selecting the thickest bar you still only get one that is 1/8" thick no matter how big you make everything else on your bar chart. When you enlarge everything on a chart to make a plot for a presentation, it looks funny to still have thin bars.
Lawrence Cuozzo
Anoon -

I know about that and what I am saying is that by selecting the thickest bar you still only get one that is 1/8" thick no matter how big you make everything else on your bar chart. When you enlarge everything on a chart to make a plot for a presentation, it looks funny to still have thin bars.
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
bars settings; shape