Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 training in UK? Would you help please?

1 reply [Last post]
M.B B.
User offline. Last seen 12 years 44 weeks ago. Offline

I would like to do some training in P6 (self funded). Have been in touch with some Primavera certified training providers in UK (I live in London).
Most them offer 2days training (106P Primavera P6 Advanced – Projects, 106R Primavera P6 Advanced – Resource Management) at the cost of above £600 each course. I have the basics already.
Do you know a best one in terms of (quality/price)? Which one you recommend?
When I asked, one of them said our trainers have an experience up to 4 years in training. My fear is that those trainers have IT skills and may not give enough emphasis to project planning in practice! The course becomes simply how to use the software rather than a project planning course. What would be your experience? Can please help with your views?
Also, I would like to be with you project planners, especially those in London/UK
U can contact me on makhlouffe@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers...

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
The Primavera courses will indeed be focused on how to use the software rather than how to be a planner.

I’m not aware of any ’how to be a planner’ courses. Most of us either gain the required skills from other site-based roles, or start at a very junior level and learn through experience.

Regards,

Gary