Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Switching PM5 PMDB database

1 reply [Last post]
Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 4 hours ago. Offline
Hello planners,
to organize training sessions, I need to prepare a database on my PC and paste it to the trainees’ PCs
I cannot connect PM5 to the database after I have pasted MY database onto another PC, and moreover I can no longer connect to the original database on that PC
what did I miss?
Thank you for your help,
Alexandre

Replies

Joao Ribeiro
User offline. Last seen 5 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Alexandre, bon soir,

First you must copy the DB into the new server’s data directory. Once the DB manager "sees" the DB, you must run two SQL scripts to restore privuser and pubuser. If you have access to Primavra’s Knowledge base or Primavera’s Admin Manual, the scripts are there under backup and restore DBs. If not, drop me an email (jcferreiathotmaildotcom).

HTH

P.S.: The answer will be provided only to Alexandre Faulx-Briole. All other requests will be ignored.