Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Update on P3e

4 replies [Last post]
Leonard Okpaleke
User offline. Last seen 8 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can someone advise me on what to do? I have updated my project on P3e but realized that all tasks in progress are still at 0% physical complete.

Replies

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Leonard,

First of all, you need to set actual start to your activities then change the finish date, after that press F9 for schedule update & change the data date.

Now, try to notice that your actual units this period and actual units are the same when "link actual and actual this period units & cost" is tick, under the project deatils --> calculation tab. Likewise, this is only occur when your "Recalculate actual units and cost when duration % complete changes" is tick. Because, your calculation is based on duration % complete, performance % complete & activity % complete.

When it happens that your "Recalculate actual units and cost when duration % complete changes" is untick and you are trying to update your activities based on Physical % complete. Then you should have to input the actual units manually.

HTH.

Regards,

Arnold
Arnold Puy
Leonard Okpaleke
User offline. Last seen 8 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks Arnold for the info. I noticed after the manual update that on the earned value table, that budgeted labour units and remaining labour units are the same, even when the task 90% physical complete. Has this got to do with my setting.

I have done my calculation using FTC=Budgeted-EV where Act=0, But have found it difficult to correct on my plan.
Arnold Puy
Hi Leonard,

Physical % complete is users manual input. You need to feed the % complete of each activity or calculated based on activity’s weighted steps.

Regards.