Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

What is "Activity Resource Assignment" ?

5 replies [Last post]
Armana Jones
User offline. Last seen 11 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Dear friends,
I’m a new user of P6 and in somedays I confused in finding the meaning of "Activity Resource Assignment"? Is it Activity, Resource or other?

Thanks.
Armana

Replies

Armana Jones
User offline. Last seen 11 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks a lot everybody.
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

You’re welcome Rav.

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Dear,

Thanks a ton
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Rav,

Resources can be assigned to the same activity more than once. This option can be found in the Project Detail --> Resources Tab under Resource Assignments.

Regards.

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
It means resource assigned for an activity. There is no such specific option/tab in P6 for activity resource assignment.

There r two things to watch for resource assignment:

1. Go to Edit --> User Preferences --> Calculations.
The calculation tab has two options:
a) With the first option, each resource hours are calculated independently.
b) In second option, total no. of hours assigned to an activity will stay constant and sunsequesnt resources are added or removed from an activity. However, this option doesn’t work, if activity type is FIXED DURATION and Units/Time.

2. Resources can be assigned to the same activity more than once. I forgot now where this option is, but may be somebody from teh forum can help on this.

Wish u a very happy new year

Cheers,

Rav