Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Activities Detail does not open automatically in P6.1

10 replies [Last post]
Douglas Byles
User offline. Last seen 7 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi All,
Am I missing something? We just upgraded to 6.1 from 6.0 and when we open a project from the projects view, we then have to select the activities view to see Activities. Previously it used to shift automatically to this view.

I can’t seem to find any settings that affect this.

Cheers,
Doug

Replies

Douglas Byles
Check that!

Hi Paul, I think you might have been right.

My Old PM.ini file shows that we had suite P3C.

The new PM.ini says suite P3E.

I assume this is something like an Engineering Configuration as opposed to a Construction Config.

I have had a look in POINT but I can not find anywhere a list that defines the differences. Does anyone know if one exists?

Doug.
Douglas Byles
Hi Paul,
Thanks for that, after having a brief heart attack when I read your post, I can confirm that our industry type has not changed and we are still an EC-E01.

Regards,
Doug.
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
Doug

P6 has several Industry Type options when it is loaded, such as E&C, IT etc.

In Version 4.1 I found this issue happened when I loaded the software as IT but did not happen when I loaded the same software from the same disk as E&C.

The industry type was determined when the Product Key is entered, EC-C01 will load it as E&C and IT-T01.

This trait probably exists in the later versions.

Have you changed industry types? If so you will also find some different names for files just to brighten you day up.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers, Consulting and Training
www.eh.com.au
Ralph Havard
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
G’day Doug
a couple of blokes using P6.1 are not having any problom with that execept one of them said when he was in the project window he had to go right click open and it would open in the activitys screen. If he went file open he had the same problom as yourself.

Regards

Ralph
Douglas Byles
Hi all, thanks for the feedback and assistance.

I have identified it is to do with the PM.ini file. My old file from Version 6.0 works fine and makes the Activities View open, however the default PM.ini we got with Version 6.1 causes the view to stay in the Projects view.

I have been comparing the two files to try and determine which setting drives this, but have not been able to do so as the two are quite different in many ways.

Regards
Doug
Dave Morrow
User offline. Last seen 11 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
I have 6.1 too and it opens in Activities view from the Projects view. Have you checked the filters??
Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 14 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
I have 6.1 (Build # 00001210) and whether I open from the Projects view or File/Open, the project (or projects) opens in the Activities view.
Ralph Havard
Doug
I am still on P6 and works fine that might be a P6.1 bug i will email a few mates in perth who are useing P6.1 and see if they have the same issue and let you know.

Regards

Ralph
Douglas Byles
Hi Ralph,
Thanks, but that setting is for when Primavera starts and the initial screen you see when logging in.

I am talking about having Primavera open and running, and when you open a different project from the Projects Details view, it stays in the Projects details view instead of switching to the Activities Details view.

Regards,
Doug
Ralph Havard
Doug
That setting is in edit / user preferences / startup window then choose what window you want p6.1 to open up to from the dropdown box.

Regards

Ralph