Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Shortcuts for linking?

3 replies [Last post]
Hannes de Bruyne
User offline. Last seen 1 year 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have some questions concerning fast using of p3e

- is there a shortcut for linking (not the right mousebutton -too slow!)

- can I just type a new activity-code-value in my activity view as I used to to in P3.1? (P3.1 then puts the value in the right list)

- if I have a long list with hyrarchic Activity-code- values must I browse down every time I want to assign one of the values at the bottom of this list? (colapsed list are uncolapsed every time I want to make a new assignment)

for a huge timeschedule a lot of time gets lost for unneccesary steps!

Replies

Hannes de Bruyne
Olby,

I know these methods, but they need a lot of typing work, wich is no good for huge schedules.
Hannes de Bruyne
Nithin, this reads like P3.1
I’m working with P6.1 - no .dbf-export or wk1-exportanymore!
...and Excel 2007 does not support .dbf or .wk1 FileSafe anymore.
Life gets more complicated not easier.

P6 does not support the nice things I used to do like clicking a chain Icon or writing an activity-code-value that does not yet exist.
Olby Shaju
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
For Linking, if it is continuous then you can select the list of activities and then go to Edit--> Link Activities which links with FS relationship. Otherway is you can go to the relationship tab and then select predecessor Assign and from there you ca give the activity name in the search option.

The same search option is applicable in case of assigning the activity codes also, so no need to drill down in the hierarchy.

Thanks,
Olby