Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

resource export for project only

6 replies [Last post]
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Hi guys,

Is it possible to export the resource sheet for a particular project only. When i m trying to export respources, then all global resources are exported.

I believe, its because resources (and roles) are defiend at a global level.

IS there any way out?????

Replies

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Alan,

What I mean, in your Assignments Icon located at the left corner of your screen, you can select all the activities or filter the activities you wanted & hit CTRL+C to copy and paste it to Excel sheet using CTRL+V.

Or you can send me your P5 or P6 files to arnoldpuy31@yahoo.com and I’ll do it for you and also I will attach the steps on how to do it.

HTH

Regards,

Arnold
Alan Binnie
User offline. Last seen 2 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Arnold

When you say to use Resource Assignment, do you mean modify the report RA-01 Resource Assignments, All Activities? I’ve tried various things around what you say but with no success.

Do you have an example of exporting the resource numbers to excel? I would be grateful.
Thanks

Alan
Arnold Puy
Hi Alan,

You can use Resource Assignment, after customizing the required column and timescale by day or week you can then
select all the Activities you wanted to export to Excel and select Ctrl+C in your keyboard and open an Excel sheet
& Paste it by using Ctrl+V.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Arnold
Alan Binnie
User offline. Last seen 2 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
This exports the NAME of the resource, but not the allocation.

Does anyone know how to export the resource allocation spreadsheet to excel, in order to produce decent progress curves? (you know, like in P3?)

I can get a list by activity id which gives the resource allocated to that activity, but I want it listed by resource numbers per day, week or whatever. I can produce that table in P6 by highlighting all the resources and summarising them in the ’Resource Usage Spreadsheet’, but how do I then export THOSE numbers to excel?

Anyone done this in P6?
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Gr8,

Thanks a ton Arnold.
Arnold Puy
Hello Ravs,

Yes. It is possible to export in Excel Sheet.

Open the project you wanted to export resources only which is assigned to your current project. Go to File --> Export --> Spreadsheet - (XLS)--> Next --> Resources --> Next --> Add --> Columns, Filter & Sort. In Filter: Add & Modify, Where "Assigned to Current Project" "equals" "YES" then OK.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Arnold