Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P5: Progress Spotlight’s labor units

2 replies [Last post]
Yusuke Kamui
User offline. Last seen 14 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,
Does anyone know how to see the specific activities’ "budgeted units" for the specific period or time-frame that I specify when I use or drag-along the "progress spotlight" tool?

Example, in the Activities display window, I set the "progress spotlight" from July 31 to August 11, it shows me (in yellow color) what are the activities that will be in progress in that period. Question is how to know the total budgeted labor units for each of those activities in that period?

Thanks.

Replies

Yusuke Kamui
User offline. Last seen 14 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mark,
Thanks for your quick reply. I did what you instructed and it filter out all those activites as what the progress spotlight indicated. But the problem is, in the column "budgeted labor units", it still shows the labor units for whole duration of the project not the specific labor units of that activity in that filtered period or time frame set by the filter.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Mark M
User offline. Last seen 13 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Yusuke

Just using the "progress spotlight" I don’t believe this is possible, however, if you set up a filter equivalent to the spotlight and display the budgeted labor units column you will see the total budgeted units for those activities.

ie, If your progress spotlight is looking forward a month your filter would be:
"{all of the following}
Where activity status is not equal to completed
and {any of the following}
Where activity status equals in progress
or early start is less than or equals DD+1M"

This should give you the desired outcome. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mark