Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Customise P5 or P6 reports in Editor mode

13 replies [Last post]
Manik Nath
User offline. Last seen 12 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me or guide me on how do i customize reports using Modify Report feature of P5 or P6. it goes to some kinda ruler based thing and is not very easy to use as far as i had a look. The report wizard lets you create reports but everything that i want cannot be complied into one report with the wizard. The help file says that i need to use the report editor in order to get all the information as per my desired look by using the Report Modify or Report editor tool. Please can anyone help me with this. If anyone has some document/manual or any other notes can you please share that with me.

Please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

Manik

Replies

Pratishtha Chauhan
User offline. Last seen 11 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

hi manik,

can u please share the manual with me.
i am a project scheduler, and i need to customize my report using p6 urgently.

please help as it will be greatly appreciated.

thanks and regards,

PRATISHTHA

PLANNING AND INTERIORS

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 6 days ago. Offline
It was a pleasure
Dieter
Manik Nath
Hi Dieter,

So many thanks mate. I have receive dthe file. I am so very thankful to you for helping me.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

Manik
Dieter Wambach
Hi Manik
Just a little patience. Until now I didn’t receive an error message. I sent it to both adresses.
Dieter
Manik Nath
Hi Dieter,

I haven’t received it yet :-(

regards,

Manik
Dieter Wambach
It’s done
Dieter
Manik Nath
Hi Dieter,

Thanks a lot for your help.
You can send the files to manik_nath@yahoo.com and copy them to maniknath@gmail.com

About your comment we have already asked them to do so and the IT guys will come up with something which will help us. But it may take sometime as they are already working on something with the P6 database.

Regards,

Manik
Dieter Wambach
Hi Mainik
One remark: Your IT people should put some of the documentation files onto the server.
Dieter
Dieter Wambach
Hi Manik
If You’ll send me your Mail address, I’ll send it. Even zipped, the mail will have >7MB. Check first if you can receive that size.
Regards
Dieter
Manik Nath
Hi Dieter,

I don’t have the CD as i am using P6 in my company and the software is loaded at our server in USA and all the project controllers across the globe use it via CITRIX imaging server. So no one will be having the CD of documentation of P6 and that is the problem. Can you provide me with the document you are talking about or the part which will help me. Or any website where i can get that.

Regards,

Manik
Dieter Wambach
Hi Manik
The third cd out of the set delivered by Primavera is the documentation cd. There you can find this and other helpful files.
Regards
Dieter
Manik Nath
Hi Dieter,

So many thanks for your help but where do i find this PMREFMAN.pdf

Warm Regards and Best Wishes,
Dieter Wambach
Hi Manik
If you’ll have a look into the "PMRefMan.pdf" --> Customizing Projects --> Customizing Reports --> Using the Report Editor.
This probably will be the best introduction. the best way will be then to learn it by yourself.
Some hints:
Allways work with a copy.
If you’ll need an additional data item to the wizzard, add another item with the wizzards, to replace it with the editor.
Time distributed data: Allways create the table with the wizzard, no chance to do it with the editor.
Use the preview button.
There is an exit "Cancel".
Good luck!
Dieter