Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Calculating Man Hours in P6

6 replies [Last post]
Beth Spivey
User offline. Last seen 12 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
I resource loaded my activities using a 5D/10HR calendar to calculate my manhours by each craft/discipline. I have gone to User Preferences/Calculations and I have the button set to Recalculate the Units/Duration etc. button. I went to Enterprise and resources and have it defaulted to 10H/D. When I change my resources it does NOT recalc my manhours. And if I rollup my discipline/craft to summarize my duration and budgeted units the totals are not accurate if you add them up manually. I have my activity type set as Fixed Duration/Units.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance. Beth

Replies

Beth Spivey
Thank you all for your responses.

It was the type of duration I had assigned. I changed to fixed units/time and it corrected all my activities.

Again thanks!

Beth
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 6 days ago. Offline
Hi Beth
Did you have a look into your user preferences?
Edit --> User Preferences --> Calculations
For better knowledge, then try "Help"

Regards
Dieter
Duy Huynh
User offline. Last seen 14 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Beth,
Did you try this option: Tools>Recalculate Assignment Costs....

It will help your problem solved.

Duy.
Beth Spivey
Ken,

Thanks for your response. My only concern is when we made major changes in resources I had to manually recalc and enter the manhours or completely remove and reassign which is very time consuming. And P3 would recalculate itself.

I am thinking P3 was much better.
Ken Barrett
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
When you change your resource you might need to manually input the budgeted units / duration / budgeted units/time. When a resource is changed the units somtimes automatically revert to whatever you have as a default setting. Also if you go to the Assignments tab on the tool bar on the left hand side of the screen, it should have a list of all the resources you have in the schedule and their units (you may have to go to the column settings to add the columns that you need).
I hope this helps you out

Ken Barrett
Beth Spivey
I meant in P5