Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Turkish Contractors using Primavera P3e Ver 5.0 or 6.0?

4 replies [Last post]
David Moses
User offline. Last seen 11 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,

Is there any Turkish Contractor who has implemented Primavera P3e Ver 5.0 or 6.0 succesfully and using it on their projects efficiently?

Regards

Replies

David Moses
Hi There,

Ok, Renaissance is trying to implement version 5.0 or 6.0 on company wide.(Clarification is needed from other friends for this info)

What else? Any other?

Regards
Selcuk Erguden
User offline. Last seen 16 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi David,

All you said about support is true. i agree.

I didn’t heard any Turkish contractor using Primavera on company wide. (except an attempt to do that in Renaissance)

if you hear, please share with me :)

regards
David Moses
Hi Selcuk,

Thank you for your valuable inputs.

Well, I agree with you.The support from top management for implementation of versions 5.0 or 6.0 is a key factor.That is right.

But, support from the project manager alone is not enough I believe for versions 5.0 or 6.0 since these versions are for the large businesses typically have hundreds—even thousands—of projects underway at one time to create the new products and services that build their future.That requires company-wide support, I think.

From your comments below, it seems to me that in Renaissance and Gama they are using versions 5.0 or 6.0 as a Stand Alone to subsitute P3 version 3.1 which means they are not using versions 5.0 or 6.0 on every projects. (a few projects are using these new versions)In short, versions 5.0 or 6.0 are not beeing used as company-wide.Is that right?

Actually i was wondering, is there any company who has implemented versions 5.0 or 6.0 on company-wide.

Regards
Selcuk Erguden
User offline. Last seen 16 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello David,

According to my experience, Renaissance achieved this on some of their projects. in Turkish Contractors , it is always related that Who is the Project Manager? , Does he believe planning or not?

The answer is that Turkish contractors use Primavera but not so efficiently.

(we are using P5 on our Power Plant project in Gama)

Regards.