Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Premavera Contractor installation problem

3 replies [Last post]
Samuel Akin-Kadejo
User offline. Last seen 15 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Guys ,
I recently installed a the contractor version on my stand alone laptop and for some reason after rebooting it stops mid stream and requesting microsoft proffessional 2000 be installed. This is already installed on my Lap top??
any ideas
thanks

Replies

Samuel Akin-Kadejo
User offline. Last seen 15 years 15 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Ahmet,
Thanks for the response , i have installed the software , but when i reboot it prompts me to insert Microsoft Proffessional 2000 ??. This is already intalled and confirmed. Operating system XP
Ahmet Cetin
User offline. Last seen 9 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Sam,

Can you clarify "microsoft proffessional 2000"? Is it Windows 2000, or Microsoft Project 2000? Or MSDE 2000?

Contractor requires Microsoft Project only for import/export reason, but it is not must as long as you won’t import/export Microsoft Project files.

MSDE is required component, but it should be installed automatically when you are installing Contractor.

Regards,

Ahmet Cetin

Visit PrimaveraTools.com
Primavera Tools, Forum, Tutorials

Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Not to be insulting, but did you check POINT? I seem to recall something about 2000, but it may have been server related. Wish I had more to offer.