Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

where to find P3e API

3 replies [Last post]
Zhang Haixiang
User offline. Last seen 3 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello,

Before I’m using P3, and have written some codes using RA in EXCEL.

Now our company is shifting to P3e, does it also have a API?
where can I find information e.g. description of object model/method/property and sample code?

thanks in advance

Replies

Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 14 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
In my experience, P5 and P6 were/are always delivered with four CDs. Perhaps it is different in China, check with your Primavera rep.

Yes, that installation would be the ODBC API. It will work, the main differences compared with the XML one would be the slower speed when very large amounts of data are being transferred, and that it requires the likes of C++ or VB programming compared with Java. (Although I was a programmer many years ago, I don’t have experience using either API.)
Zhang Haixiang
User offline. Last seen 3 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

thanks for reply.

I ’ve 3CDs of P3e, I can not find the XML API.

and i have installed primavera SDK, is that the ODBC-based API?

Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 14 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Yes. There are two APIs, the original one is ODBC-based and the newer one is XML (Java). There is full documentation on the API CD that is one of the supplied CD set. But to use the XML API you have to be licensed. At present there is no Primavera charge for that. But your licence file will have to be updated and your Primavera representative will have to order that update for you.