Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Print Activity Name and resource

6 replies [Last post]
Suresh Sankaranku...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Hi
Can anyone suggest some easy way to see the each activity and the resource & budgeted units related to the activity.

Eg: Activity id Activity name
0010 Remove PSV

Resource Budgeted Units
Lagger 10 Hrs
Crane 2 hrs
Rigger 4 hrs

Same way i want to give a report of resource which is related to each activity for an Equipment. I tried many reports but is there any simple way ?

Thank you

Replies

Roger Booth
User offline. Last seen 4 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have just done a report to do exactly this. Quite easy to do using the report wizard. Just have a go, you can’t do any damage, you can always delete your new report and have another go. It gets easier each time you do it.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 16 hours ago. Offline
Hi Suresh

You are right. In that view you can find the project but not WBS. A workaround would be, to create an activity code "a_wbs" and assign it to the activities. Folowing this code you can filter.
This way I did it already in the past because in some of the reports you can’t filter or group according to WBS, but in most cases according to an activity code.
Regards
Dieter
Suresh Sankaranku...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Dieter,
Yes, Assignments is the best but still in the filter i dont find the WBS or I am not able to put the filter liem " Activtity Name contains = " xyz" . There is only Activity name = Equal or not equal .

Brad Lord
User offline. Last seen 9 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
dieter

thought he was talking about P3.1,

durrrh!!!!
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 16 hours ago. Offline
Hi Suresh

A different way would be: you’ll change to the view "Assignment" and then group by activity.
If you want to create a report, select the group "Activity Resource&Role assignments.
Regards
Dieter
Brad Lord
User offline. Last seen 9 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
suresh

create a layout with the columns that you want

re

Act ID, Act Desc, ES, EF, BQ’etc

reorganise on resource, and show totals etc,

you can also create a filter to display only activities with resoruces assigned,

save the layout as cost or resource or whatever you want

hope that helps