Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Cyrillic Characters in P3e, MS-SQL Server

2 replies [Last post]
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 week ago. Offline
For a project in Russia I must show the activity names in Russian language with Cyrillic characters as well using a user-defined field. We use MS SQL-Server 2000.
To switch to the Russian user interface is ok. If I write cyrillic characters into a text-field, it is ok- the Windows-settings seem ok. But if I close P3e and open it again, the Cyrillic characters are replaced by "?".
Is there a parameter setting in the SQL-server?? I cannot find any. Or must I reinstall the SQL-Server with a different code page + backup & reinstall of the database?

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 week ago. Offline
Thank you Sergey,
I understand that a new database has to be created but I don’t understand the parameter you indicated.

The local VAR had no solution.
Dieter
Sergey Kiselev
User offline. Last seen 2 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
If it is one project you can follow this solution:

You need to create a new MS SQL Primavera database with following parameters: Ñollation name "Cyrillic_General_CI_AS". After that export your project from your current database to the new one. You can’t change Collaction name in the existing database.

I’m not sure about your German language support after this in the new database. You need to check this out.

Ask your local PAR with detailed request.