Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Gantt Chart

4 replies [Last post]
Tu Huynh Van
User offline. Last seen 15 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Hi All PP,

How can we setting option "ROUND BARS TO WHOLE DAY" in P3E&C, V5.0?

In MS Project, this is OK, but i do not know in P3 E&C, Please advice,

Thanks,

Huynh Van Tu

Replies

Paul Garland
User offline. Last seen 3 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Much of it depends on your settings, however try the following. Create a calendar with 24hr working and make sure the little box work hours/ day has 24 in it.
Assign it to your activity. Your settings may show the duration in days & the admin preferences may be set to an 8 hour day, therefore as you enter 1d, you get 00:00 to 08:00. Unless your administrator can set your default hours per day to 24, you will have to enter the equivalent 8 hour days the show 31-Oct-06 00:00 to 01-Nov-06 00:00 (3d) or enter 24h directly.
Your user preferences can be changed if you want to show the hours worked.
Tu Huynh Van
User offline. Last seen 15 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your infor,
but i mean that:
examp: activity 1 - duration: 1 day (08h), the Bar normaly will be show from 08:00am to 17:00 pm - this is OK, what the solution for this one if we want to show this bar for the whole day: from 00:00am to 24:00

Please advice,

Tu,
Paul Garland
User offline. Last seen 3 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I’m not entirely sure what you mean, however if you go to edit > user preferences > and select the Time Units tab, you can set the unit of time to a day rather than by the hour. Also set the decimal places to zero so it will not allow a fraction of a day?
That may do what I think you’re looking for.

Hope that helps

Paul
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Dont understand your question please give a bit more info