Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Track Cost on the Cost Account

1 reply [Last post]
cora tam
User offline. Last seen 17 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am fairly new to P3e/c.

I would like to know if there is a way, like the P3 Version 3.1, in which you could assign a cost account to track budgeted cost, actual this period and actual to date on P3 e/c.

Do I have to asssign a resource so I could track cost on P3 e/c?

Thanks for your help.

Replies

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline
Cora.

P3e/c has a cost account dictionary as well. It also allows "expenses" which are non-resource activity costs.

I believe P3e/c is a superb cost planning system, especially version 5 which adds past-period actuals and overhead/WBS activities. In this regard it makes P3 3.1 look hopelessly inadequate.

There are so many excellent facilities for cost management and reporting that a forum like this can hardly do it justice. I should probably write the book!