Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Track Cost on the Cost Account

1 reply [Last post]
cora tam
User offline. Last seen 12 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am fairly new to P3e/c.

I would like to know if there is a way, like the P3 Version 3.1, in which you could assign a cost account to track budgeted cost, actual this period and actual to date on P3 e/c.

Do I have to asssign a resource so I could track cost on P3 e/c?

Thanks for your help.

Replies

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 28 min ago. Offline
Cora.

P3e/c has a cost account dictionary as well. It also allows "expenses" which are non-resource activity costs.

I believe P3e/c is a superb cost planning system, especially version 5 which adds past-period actuals and overhead/WBS activities. In this regard it makes P3 3.1 look hopelessly inadequate.

There are so many excellent facilities for cost management and reporting that a forum like this can hardly do it justice. I should probably write the book!