Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Cost Accounts in P6

4 replies [Last post]
Ali Farhat
User offline. Last seen 13 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi everyone,
Can anyone please give some examples of how Cost accounts are used in P6?
Regards

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

one thing that you can do is to create cost codes for your activities and assign them to the resource for the activity and you can have your accounting system push actual data to p6 in the form of an excel file.

You can track your budgeted and actual labor that way 

Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

I write an article regarding What is Cost Account in Primavera P6 used for? If you're interested, kindly read it here https://doduykhuong.com/2016/10/08/what-is-cost-account-in-primavera-p6-used-for/

Ali Farhat
User offline. Last seen 13 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Mr. Catalan,

Cant I reach the same result if I categorize my resources in divisions (using a father resource for each division) and then group the resource assignments?
R. Catalan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Ali,

Assuming you’re working on a high-rise building project, and you linked your cost accounts with resource assignments, then you can use cost accounts to track activity costs.

Sample:
You can group/sort activities by floor and then run P6 filter options using cost accounts to track total costs in period under the same cost category (by CSI Division, i.e concrete works, finishes, etc.). This tool is very helpful in doing earned-value analysis.

Hope this will help.

R. Catalan