Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Relationship has been changed automatically!!!

1 reply [Last post]
Amir Dadbakhsh
User offline. Last seen 3 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Planner
I’ve faced very strange thing!!!, and I hope anyone knows its reason and gives its solution to solve that.
Imagine a project with following activity:

Activity………Successor………Predecessor
a…………………………………bFS………………………………
b…………………………………aFS………………………………
c…………………………………………………………………………

a…………………………………………………………………………
b…………………………………………………………………cFS
c…………………………………bFS…………………………………

When I close mentioned project and open it again (even when I close P3e and open it again) activity relationships have been changed!!!

a…………………………………aFS…………………………………
b…………………………………………………………cFS , aFS
c…………………………………cFS…………………………………

To solve mentioned problem even I used "purge deletes" but they couldn’t help me to solve that.

My program situation is:
1) Primavera 5, SQL
2) I’ve marked "Purge deletes when existing project management" in "admin preference"
3) Added "UseSPToPasteProject=0" to "pm.ini" to solve "loosing UDF data"

Thanks in advance
Amir Dadbakhsh

Replies

Amir Dadbakhsh
User offline. Last seen 3 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Adding "UseSPToPasteProject=0" caused this problem. When I delete that from "pm.ini", activity relationship came right.
So I guess other planner to prevent loosing UDF data and prevent activity relationship changing, just organize the project screen by something other than EPS (as mentioned by Bill McMichael in "UDF - Loosing data" topic).

Amir