Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Driving Predecessors

6 replies [Last post]
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 4 min ago. Offline
I have been a P3 user for some time, although new to P3e. In order to analyze schedules I need to know how does P3e marks driving predecessors. P3 marks them with a simple asterisk. P3e approach must be similar.

The new scheduler is new to P3e. My new computer is not set up with Metaframe yet, therefore P3e is not available in my computer. My duties as Project Manager does not allow me to sit for hours exploring P3e. Fortuantelly forums like this are available.

MS Project lack this essential feature, that’s why I consider MS Project a child’s play.

Replies

David Garside
User offline. Last seen 9 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Rafael,
No problem at all.
Been using P3e since version 1.0 in 1999 so know it inside out......almost !!

lost a fair bit of hair in the process ! :)

Regards,

David Garside
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
David, thank you very much, keep hanging around just in case we need your advise again.

R. Davila
David Garside
Hi there,
glad to be of assistance,
That’s not a bug, you need to go into View>Bars, sounds as though the logic is showing on the baseline, not the current tasks....

Important...In The view bars menu ( list of different types )...the LOWER the order in the menu screen the HIGHER the priority, so you’ll need to ensure that the current task bars / milestones ( including complete bars / critical bars / milestones are below the baseline bars / milestones..

This should sort it !

Regards,

David Garside

forgot to login ! DOH !!
Forum Guest
Hi there,
glad to be of assistance,
That’s not a bug, you need to go into View>Bars, sounds as though the logic is showing on the baseline, not the current tasks....

Important...In The view bars menu ( list of different types )...the LOWER the order in the menu screen the HIGHER the priority, so you’ll need to ensure that the current task bars / milestones ( including complete bars / critical bars / milestones are below the baseline bars / milestones..

This should sort it !

Regards,

David Garside
Forum Guest
Thank’s this should do it, as soon as I get Metaframe set up in my computer I will work on it.

Today I asked the scheduler for a very simple schedule, 24 activities, for a presentation but for some reason the dependancy arrows show incorrect relationships, do it ever happened to you. Is it a bug or our scheduler?

R Davila
David Garside
Rafael,
Go to View > Show on bottom > Activity Details.
Then go to Predecessor tab, there should be a column shown named ’driving’if not shown, right click on any predecessor view column title,click ’customise predecessor columns’.....

a ’pop-up’ box will appear, firstly check to see if it is in your ’selected columns’ list near the bottom, this means it’s their but off the right hand side of your screen, just move it up the list till in view...
If not then > select it from ’Available Options’ on left of screen
hope that answers your question !

Regards,

Dave G