Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Suspend & Resume

2 replies [Last post]
Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,

I would like to know how Suspend & resume function is used..

Usually during updation of progress on activities, on activities which are suspended after they had some progress, I used to keep them as it is, ie their percentage complete was kept the same till the activity finally resumes finishes.

* What are the results on not using suspend & resume function?

* Is it possible to just suspend an activity and proceed with scheduling as I would not know at the instant when the activity would resume?

Please provide your views....

Replies

Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Hi

thanx for your reply.

I would lke to know what would happen if I donot use suspend and resume for an activity which has actually been suspended coz of some obstructions.

I think it will affect the costing part in P3. or may be the remaining duration.

Am I right?
harzelli bouasria
User offline. Last seen 4 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hi
you have the choice:
1. if you don’t know resume date, let it open
2. else you nmust put the suspend and resume date
good luck