Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Early Start vs. Actual Start in P3.1

4 replies [Last post]
Ruel Camaquin
User offline. Last seen 3 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Guys,

Just like to know why is the EARLY START dates also changes to the actual start dates everytime i encode the ACTUAL START date? Is there a trick or method to make the EARLY dates fixed to the target dates. Thanks in advance for the early response.

Cheers & Regard.

Replies

Ruel Camaquin
It is a very big help! i’ve even added variance column, now i can see me delays and ahead in my schedule.

Thank you so much.
Ferdinand U.
User offline. Last seen 6 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
add target1 early start and target1 early finish column
Ruel Camaquin
I aleady have a target schedule. The only thing is that everytime i encode the actual start and finish dates, the early start column dates also changes to the actual dates i encoded. Ex. masonry works early start is 10NOV08 as the target, then i encoded 15NOV08 as an actual start for masonry works - after i clicked the ok button, the early start date for the target also changes to the actual start date of 15NOV08A although the bar chart does not move.

I cannot compare the early start and the actual start with just the bar charts alone, i need to have the early start dates same as the target reference against the actual start.
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
make a target, so that it become fixed.