Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Dependable task duration

1 reply [Last post]
Dan Cam
User offline. Last seen 13 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,
I’m trying to make the duration of a task dependable of his (constrained) successor, but can’t figure it out ...
Meaning, i don’t won’t to set a duration for the task, this should be calculated depending on the successors beginning wich is a milestone. When the milestone is moved, the task-duration will be adapted also.
Ho can i do this ?
Thanks to the replyers in advance !
Dan

Replies

Jean-Philippe Sam...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Dan,

What you describe looks like a Hammock activity:

To behave as expected, the activity should have a ’Hammock’ Activity Type, and should be linked to one predecessor with a Start to Start relationship, and to one successor with a Finish to Finish relationship (meaning that in your case the successor should be a Finish Milestone).

Hope this helps

Jean-Philippe