Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Changing Duration from Hour to Day in P6

5 replies [Last post]
Martin De Beer
User offline. Last seen 11 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
How do I change the duration from hour to day in P6? In P3 you would just copy the project and select day in the drop down menu.

Our contractor has drawn up a new plan in hours for a 2 year project and I want to convert the durations to days.
I changed the duration format (@edit_user preferences) to day but that only changes the display and when you enter durations it is still in hours.

Please assist if possible.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

edit users preferences thne Time units Tab 

durations format

choose day

Jeanpierre NJEIM
User offline. Last seen 5 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi

Concerning  histogram in resource usage profile the Axis "Y" it written  EX: 2.50d,5.0d,... i need to change it into 2h,4h,6h,... 
if anyone can help
Thank you

Martin De Beer
Hi Arnold

I actually got the issue resolved thanks.

The problem was the P6.1(contractor) to P5(me) conversion. When using a friend’s P6.1 the duration was changed to days and worked just fine.

Thanks
Martin De Beer
Hi Arnold

Normaly you could change the duration by typing i.e 3 days. After changing the duration to days, the activities display duration in days but if you change original duration to 3 it is not 3 days but 3 hours.

I like P6 in some ways but in some ways it SUCKS..

Know P3 well though..
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Martin,

As far as I know, you can only change the hour to day is from user preferences as what you did.

By the way, what do you mean "when you enter durations it is still in hours"?

Arnold