Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

how does the coding part of the software work.

5 replies [Last post]
Amit Bissa
User offline. Last seen 16 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
well i wanna know as to how the coding the storing pattern of the software work.

can any body refer me to a website.....it will be great help

Replies

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
A D
Bissa,

This topic is too vast to discuss in this forum. If you can be more specific, it will be much better.

From an integration standpoint, primavera application consists of database and application levels.

Primavera products reside on open databases like SQL Server (teamplay), SQL Anywhere (Expedition), Oracle, Interbase and pervasive.

I think, Primavera is now using XML server that supports server side integration and ease integration efforts with other corporate systems.

I have never used primavera contract management 10 R3, but i think it uses XML server.

e.g. instead of using export tool, you can use pervasive ODBC drivers for pulling out the data from P3.

you can download pervasive ODBC drivers from primavera website and THEN YOU CAN Link P3 database with MS Access or MS Excel for your convenience.

This should serve your purpose or you can still download some more white papers from primavera ftp website.

Cheers,

Raviraj A Bhedase
Amit Bissa
User offline. Last seen 16 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Raviraj...
you are right on target.
was trying to identify as to how the logic is saved and what appilcations does it use to manage such huge data.

If you could provide some links giving details regarding this it will be helpful

Thanks
Amit Bissa
A D
Bissa,

Whats the whole purpose? Is it related with P3.

You want to know the storing procedure or you want to know coding of softwares.

Basically, stored procedures (SP or sroc) are used to consolidate and centralize logic that was originally implemented in applications. Large or complex processing that might require the execution of several SQL statements is moved into stored procedures and all applications call the procedures only.

Please clarify, so that we can help you better.

Cheers,

Raviraj A Bhedase
Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 2 weeks ago. Offline
http://www.primavera.com <- thats the first place to try.