Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Adding and Removing Projects from the Master

4 replies [Last post]
Terry White
User offline. Last seen 11 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I’ve just been spending my lunch hour trying to understand how to remove projects added to a main project when they’re closed out, but still retain the information in the background should I ever need to refer to them again. Is this something that is quick to explain ?

What I need to do is have one Project, i.e. Me and my workload... Into this I setup separate projects as and when which are then linked into the main one. Once a project is finished, it is closed out and doesn’t appear on the Master project anymore.

Can anyone advise me how to go about doing this please ?

Replies

Ashraf Jahangeer
User offline. Last seen 8 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Terry,

I also encountered the same trivia while working on my project. Although the project is closed still for historical records it has to be retained in the system.

What I do is make a copy the project and then delete the original from the master. As to add the project again to master I again copy the project in the master project group.

Hope this clarifies your querry.

Regards,

Ashraf
Terry White
User offline. Last seen 11 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
This may sound like a silly question, but how do you ’Close’ a project please ?

Thanks