Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

removing historical data from Log Record

4 replies [Last post]
Paul Allen
User offline. Last seen 16 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Forum team,

I have a large schedule with considerable log record details for each activity. I would like to remove all of the text for every activity’s log record. Manually deleting each line item in the log record would take forever!

Does anybody know a way of quickly removing these log record details. I could not find Log Record listed in the global change function.

Appreciate the help.
Paul

Replies

Akin Adurosakin
User offline. Last seen 14 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Open the folder where you saved the file. Look for a file that ends with "LOG" (i.e if your file name is "SMKD" the file will be "SMKDLOG"). Delete this file and reopen your project.

The log records will no longer be present. You may decide to add additional log or simply close your project. A new "LOG" file will be created automatically in the folder where the previous "LOG" file was located.

If it does not works, please let me know.

Akin Adurosakin
Nigeria
Eugene K
User offline. Last seen 12 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
create a new project BLNK (blank).
then u should find a file BLNKLOG.p3

if ur project that u wnat to remover the relationship is ABCD, you can delete (or rename just to be safe) ABCDLOG.p3
Copy BLNKLOG.p3 as the new ABCDLOG.p3

That should work...
It worked for me when i remove all resources using same method for ????RES.p3
Paul Allen
User offline. Last seen 16 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Thank you, Paco

Alternatively, a colleague just advised me that after exporting to a dbf file - insert a new column called Delete - then populate with the letter L - finally, import the data.

Much appreciated.
Paul

Francisco José Al...
User offline. Last seen 50 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
You can try through export/import tools. You can first export to a dbf file your logs, then open in excel and emptying them and finally import again. The result will be no log at your schedule.

Paco