Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to change the starting date of a project

6 replies [Last post]
Javier F. Via Giglio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,
I’m new in Primavera and maybe my question is very simple and basic.
I didn’t find how to change the starting date of a project. I made a program for a project (WBS, dates, duration, resources, etc.) but yesterday the project manager told me that the project was delayed one month.
I guess I can move the whole activities in one step (like in MS Project), maybe using Global Change? What happend with the resources?
Can you help me?
Many thanks in Advance.

Replies

farnas ap
User offline. Last seen 6 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

after Creating the projet.Close the entore priamvera and open it again.Clik our projeCt whih one to Change.

then replae on dates(before entering to the projet)

its helpfull only if before the baseline reation.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

wrong section of forum

kumar raja
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Let me clear ur doubt in Primavera Latest Version 8.2

Open Primavera ! Select  " FILE" close all the Projects which are Opened 

Go to Enterprise Select the Project for which u want to change the start date of the Project 

Right Click on the Project Select option "Project Details" from Down

Select it twice if u did not get the details in first attempt 

then u can able to see the--- show bottom view tabs .. 

in that select the tab " DATES" and change the date what ever u want .. that's it ur done 

if u did not follow this process directly changed the actual start of the first activity it will be converted in to Constraint. 

Christian Adrian ...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Javier

If I understood you correctly what you want is to have a new schedule that will show a delay of a month, if this is the case you should backup your original schedule (for reference) then adjust the current schedule start date to your new start date then change your data date equal to your new start date and reschedule it... for adjusting the reference start date line kindly refer to mr. Paul’s suggestion...

HTH

Christian
Javier F. Via Giglio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Thank you Paul.
I did what you suggested, but only the reference start date line was moved and the other details remained as before.
I don’t want to keep the original programme as reference (with a month of delay), the idea is to have a new programme that will start with a month of difference from the original plan.
Maybe I have to do another step.
If you have more suggestions I’ll be glad to try them.
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
Select File, Project Overview and set a new start date.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au