Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Sure Trak - Loosing relationships with Copy/Paste

1 reply [Last post]
David Burrows
User offline. Last seen 7 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Each time I try to copy several activities and paste them into the same schedule to effectively create a fragnet, all of the activity relationships are lost.

I suspect there’s a simple toggle somewhere or something simple such as that, but I’ve not found a solution.

This does not happen with this project on two other machines so I’m relatively certain I’ve just turned this item off somehow.

But I really need to know how to turn it back on.

Any suggestions???

Replies

David Burrows
User offline. Last seen 7 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I appreciate the interest of the several folk who’ve examined my querry.

I’ve not found an answer to this problem.

However, following the time honored procedure of Windows based products, after several days of significant hassle, I decided what the hell, just start over. So I backed up my projects in a separate location, uninstalled Suretrak, including manual removal of numerous folders and files not removed by the uninstall program, re-booted the machine and reinstalled Suretrak.

And I’ve not had the problem of lost relationships since.

I still suspect it’s a matter of a simple toggle switch or check box somewhere. And probably something I did myself without realizing my mistake.

But, none-the-less, the program is working the way I think it should. At least for now.

David