Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Row Height

10 replies [Last post]
Azvi Hanifa
User offline. Last seen 18 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
I have problem with row height that I have to show my schedule with baseline and updated bar in one A3 size paper, possible max row height 12, could any one explain how can I achieve my goal.

Replies

Harish Thekkanmar...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Change Activity Table font, color, and row heightContents

You can specify the font, background color, and row height for information displayed in a table.

1. Choose View, Table Font and Row.
  2. To specify a general table font, click the Font button.
  3. To select a background color, click the Color button.
  4. In the Row Height area:

To use the current row heights you set, mark the Keep Current Row Heights checkbox.

To automatically size row heights based on the cell content, clear the Keep Current Row Heights checkbox and choose Optimize row heights by content. Mark the checkbox, Do not exceed X lines per row, to limit the amount of lines created by text wrapping and optimizing the row heights.

To specify a row height for all rows in the current layout, clear the Keep Current Row Heights checkbox and choose Select height for all rows. Type a new row height in the field, or click the arrow buttons.
  5. To display symbols, mark the Show Icons checkbox.
  6. Click OK.
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
a) Make the row height adjustable automatically by selecting all activities

b) By adjusting the column width and remove unwanted columns, you can show your schedule with baseline and updated bar

c) Better to select page orientation in Portrait form which is best suited for your case
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
I agree with Philip, The presentation should be in readable form(which should be our ultimate goal), what is wrong in presenting two sheets of the schedule? is there any rule saying to display all in one?.
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Azvi,

As you position the bars, you need more row height. There is a simple solution, keep the bars in the same position and change their thickness and colours. This will give you wgat you want, but make sure the people reading the reports understand the layout.

Regards
Philip
Graham John Harper
User offline. Last seen 15 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
If there is too much activity information to be shown on one A3 page then try printing to adobe acrobat, selecting "print to A2 or A1" paper size. Adobe then creates the print which you can then print to A3. The programme is scaled to suit!! The only problem is the size of the text but you can`t win them all!!

Regards

Graham
Azvi Hanifa
User offline. Last seen 18 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
I’m appreciating the comments of all, I have been gone through what u all are explain, still I have not achieved the target.

In my schedule (master Program) contain 190 activities I have to make in one A3 Size paper; I feel the only possible way is to reduce the gab between the target bar and early, I have no idea is there is any option in p3 to reduce this gap, yesterday I already posted this query to primavera knowledge base, so far I did not have any response, if any Know please,

Best Regard
Azvi
clarence choi
User offline. Last seen 12 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Azvi,

Please aware of the "position" of the baseline when you define the bar. The bigger the number the thicker each row.

Other tricks:
1) Try Portrait instead of Landscape for page orientation.
2) Reduce the height of the header and footer.
3) Do not show "Dates" to both top and bottom of the page.
4) Reduce the font size of displayed columns.
5) Reduce the font size of the "organised headings".
6) Reduce the level of "organising".
7) Reduce the top and bottom page mragin.

Clarence
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Azvi,

The best way is set the Baseline bar and update bar position as one in the modify bar definition dialogue box. Make Baseline bar bigger than the update bar as appropriate, If you experience any delay in the activities that will be coming out of baseline bar(since both in the same position). This will save number of items to be displayed in one single sheet(either A3 or A4). Still if you can’t solve this problem use summary bar option to summarize activities to some reasonable level or summarize any particular group which is not of so important to your management concern and display remaining important activities as appropriate to your mgmt.

HTH

Daya
Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Azvi,

In addition to row height, change the bars, start point, end point and label sizes. You can able to show the baseline and updated bars in one page. Believe the schedule is for summary only.

Cheers!!!
DATTATREYA PADHARTHI
User offline. Last seen 5 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
You can increase the row height of all activities or selected activities or make it automatic size.
Can you be more specific, like you have to show everything in 1(one) A3 sheet. or it can go into no of pages. or do you need descriptions etc on bar.