Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3SDEF conversion - not carrying decimal places???

2 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
This is very strange and it’s the first time I’ve seen this happen. I’m working on a Corps of Engineers project and have to submit the schedule SDEF data file each month with the schedule update. Some of the activities each month carry dollars and cents for earnings to date. When I do the P3SDEF conversion only two or three activities will carry the decimal places, all the others will be rounded off to the nearest whole dollar amount for both Budgeted Cost and Earnings to Date. This is only in the SDEF text file after the conversion, the P3 schedule calculates and carries the decimal places correctly.

Has anyone ever run into this problem before? I’ve checked the activities codes and their affects on the output file but can’t find any solutions.

Brian Cass
CF Jordan, LP
P3 v3.1

Replies

B Cass
User offline. Last seen 19 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Sorry, I was logged in as Forum Guest when I posted these two.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Figured it out. SDEF will round off all budgeted costs and/or earned value amounts that are greater than 7 digits including decimal places (i.e. anything over 99,999.99 will be rounded off to whole dollars.) If anyone knows a patch that will correct this, please let me know. It’s a pain manually correcting the SDEF output files especially when you’re scheduling eight different projects.