Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Printing with P3 into Acrobat 5.0 PDF Writer

10 replies [Last post]
Bruno St-Gelais
User offline. Last seen 12 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi there

I use two P3 licenses.

With the license at the office (which is on a network), I often print into Acrobat PDF Writer without ever any problem.

With the license on the site, (which is local) I get an error message and the software (P3) closes and I have to re-start the computer, every time I try to print.
Somebody who had had that problem solved it by making Acrobat Writer the default printer before opening P3. I tried that without any success.

Can anybody help me with that?

Thanks in advance

Replies

Mark Onslow
User offline. Last seen 12 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

P3 and Acrobat 5 can actually go together pretty nicely. It seems as though the existence of the psprint gift code helped the two work together better, although I could have been imagining it.

Kirk Wright
User offline. Last seen 7 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

we had a similar problem wit printing pdf’s from open plan to acrobat 4 (it worked fine with version 3) we got around this by using a different pdf writer - ’JAWS PDF Creator’

Kirk
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
[Deleted by Moderator.]
G Mullins
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
I have come across this in the past, i think you will find that it only happens when you try to print in the ’Preview Window’, use the Print Preview window to edit how you want it to print out, go back into the normal project view window and press the print icon.....remember to set the printer to PDF writer in the Print Preview window......this just seems to be another little fault in P3.....
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Acrobat writer problem is always there.
May I share my experience. My organization, all P3 users working on machine in same model and same config and same software install. Ignore the data directory and some personal setting, the machine is nearly identical the same.
However, there is one machine always fail to prepare PDF. The finding is one of the installed printer driver ’did not like’ that release of Acrobat. We purchase Acrobat in difference dates.
The problem is solved by downgrade that printer driver.
Forum Guest
Perhaps the writer of P3 books could explain.
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Please check the verion of P3. If they the same, check the release date of P3.exe. Some need Service Pack and some not. Futher you haven’t mentioned your which computer operation system you installed, which Acrobat version installed. They are in different performance.
Jose Valdez Marcos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Guys,

I have a similar printing problem with Acrobat 5.0 which I just installed. I made the Acrobat distiller as the default printer but to no avail. Any suggestion to fix this problem? Thanks a lot.

Joe

Forum Guest
Alternative is install any PostScript(PS) printer driver.
In P3, select the PS printer to print and save the output to a file.
Launch the Adobe Distiller to convert the file to PDF format.
Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Try to download from Primavera web page the services pack,
The fix also any problem with Acrobat.