Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Monthly Progress Report & S-Curve

4 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
i want to create monthly progess report & S-Curve for acutal & planned data with P3
i want to know how i must save my data like %comp
in every month ,i must use 1 file for 1 month or 1 coulmn for every month or other ways
& how i can use weighting factor for each tasks
& find total %comp with weighting factor for each level of project

Thanks in advance

Replies

Ali Kashif
User offline. Last seen 4 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Mr.Rivera,

This would be quite helpful in creating the reports.

But what if we have added resourse on the bases of manhours for all activities,and now we have updated the schedule by keeping target at backhand.

How we calculate the weightages for each phase/Area by incaporating Manhours.

is there any format/template to workout.

Plz guide..thanks

Willy Caluza
User offline. Last seen 54 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
To: TOMAS RIVERA

Am I right with my understanding of the calculation of weighting factor as follows:
1. Say use cost as the unit (instead of manhours or durations)
2. Export to Excel percent complete all activities. Percent complete on each activity is based on quantity completed over total required quantity.
3. After exporting to excel, multiply each activity by the weighting factor. The weighting factor is derived from cost of activity over total project cost.
4. All this is done manually from Excel.

Can P3 calculate the percentage completion of the whole project automatically? (I know it can on each activity only). Please resply.
William
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
i want to create monthly progess report & S-Curve for acutal & planned data with P3
i want to know how i must save my data like %comp
in every month ,i must use 1 file for 1 month or 1 coulmn for every month or other ways
& how i can use weighting factor for each tasks
& find total %comp with weighting factor for each level of project

Tomas Rivera
User offline. Last seen 5 years 4 days ago. Offline
First you need to have a target schedule and a working schedule that you are using in your project and updating regularly.

Second, you need to decide in one common way of measuring progress: manhours, cost or duration.
Regarding your weighting factor, there is no direct way in P3 for doing this. You need to work around it.

For example, if you are using manhours, you can setup another resource with a quantity equal to you manhours times your weighting factor.

Then when you format your report, you select this new resource for reporting.

You do not need to save each schedule update in a separate file. You can use your last updated file and report in whatever frequency you need (month or weeks for example).

The above are the basis for formating your report. If you need help in formating your report, please tell me.